Baccarat is a casino game which originated in Italy in the 14th century and its creation is credited to Felix Falguierein. The name is said to mean “nothing” or “zero,” referring to the value of the tens (10) and face cards ( King, Queen, Jack) being zero. This game became more popular when it moved to France and England, and spread to South America and the Caribbean over the course of time.
HOW TO PLAY
- The dealer will distribute 2 initial cards each for the Player and the Banker hand.
- The hand with a total point value of 9 or closest to 9 will be the winning hand.
- You may bet on any of the following:
- The cards from 2 through 9 are valued at their face value, while an Ace is counted as 1.
- Picture or face cards (King, Queen and Jack) and 10s are valued at 0.
- Any combination whose point value totals 10 is valued at 0.
- A ‘Natural’ wins automatically when the first two cards dealt to either Player or Banker equals 8 or 9.
- When a ‘Natural’ is dealt to either hand, no further cards are dealt.
- After the initial two cards have been dealt, the Dealer will draw an additional card to either hand according to the table of play.
- Player bets are paid even money.
- Banker bets are paid even money, less 5% commission.
- Tie bets are paid 8 to 1.
- Pair bets are paid 11 to 1.