Statement on misinformation of COVID-19 presence in Solaire
Solaire Resort & Casino’s utmost concern is for the safety and security of all its guests and team members. The Management of Solaire is aware and has constantly been monitoring the reported incidents of COVID-19 within the Philippines, and continuously liaising with the Department of Health.
We were advised by The Department of Health that a foreign national who was in the Philippines in February, has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus upon his return to his home country in early March.
We can confirm that the said guest stayed at Solaire overnight in February before the COVID-19 virus test that was conducted resulted positive. The said foreign guest had limited interactions with our team members. However, those who were identified to have had any contact with the guest, according to DOH’s protocols and mandate, have been quarantined and were tested for symptoms of the COVID-19 virus. As of today, the 14-day incubation period has passed, and no team member has tested positive for COVID-19 virus or has shown any symptoms.
We would like to clarify that there is no truth to any claim or statement circulating in the public that Solaire has had a death linked to COVID-19. Solaire’s team members remain symptom-free and negative of the COVID-19 virus.
Before anyone else, immediately upon on January 24, Solaire swiftly took the most aggressive action and implemented stringent measures to protect our guests and team members from the spread of the COVID – 19 virus. The steps we have taken include the following:
- The installation of state-of-the-art temperature scanners at all entrances for guests and team members.
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are prominently installed in various locations in all public areas and employee hallways.
- All customer facing team members are mandated to wear face masks.
- We encourage guests to wear face masks and these are available upon request.
- Our advanced on-premise Medical clinic has been augmented with additional medical personnel, solely for the task of addressing the COVID – 19 virus situation.
- All team members practice stringent measures of proper hand washing using soap and water, alcohol or hand sanitizers.
- Solaire has ramped-up the sanitizing and cleaning of guest rooms and all public areas.
We have ensured that the maximum necessary precautionary measures have been implemented since 24 January 2020 and we continue to implement these.
Solaire Resort & Casino would like to reiterate that the safety, security and well-being of all our guests and team members are of utmost importance. Solaire’s Management remains committed to putting the welfare and protection of our guests and team members first, and continues to give the situation at hand the highest priority.